Adsense

Too Busy Writing To Blog

I'm getting obsessed with the new book I'm working on, and it's making me jealous of my time. So I'm going to be lazy this week and post a couple of blog comments that I've rejected, along with why.

Comment posted to The Secret of Self Publishing Success

hadn't heard of replica before. Who are they?


Fair question, I just hate comments that don't start with a capital letter and I can't edit them. Replica belongs to Baker&Taylor, the large book distributor/wholesaler that focuses primarily on libraries and schools. Their deal was similar to that offered by Lightning Source, but with access to Baker&Taylor rather than Ingram. But they never got around to setting up a website that I know of, and I'm told they make small publishers jump through some hoops to get signed up. Everybody I know who has used them was happy enough with the outcome, but found the process incredibly clunky.

Comment posted to Starting A Publishing Company Revisited

I would really like to tell you that I'm doing it! My book is 100% returnable, 55% discounted and of course listed with Ingram. I went through Lightning.

I call stores on my own. I've been doing it since October and so far, I'm in about 50 stores accross the U.S. Most short order, but I've had nearly a dozen offers for signings. Some I could do some I couldn't.

Anything can be done if tenacity, grit and drive are involved. This is just the beginning for me.

Doin' it!


Great comment, I just didn't see the point of it getting wasted on an ancient blog post nobody reads!

Comment posted to Romance Novel Sales

Nice rant. Romance sales will always look low in the larger scheme of things because you can pick em up for $5 each. Problem is, almost every female has one good romance in her...One. But if romance is gonna be the chosen genre, then go with a publishing house. At least that way you MIGHT make some money rather than loosing it.


I didn't post it because I didn't see the point of the oversimplification. The vast majority of authors who contact me would love to "go with a publishing house" but they can't get a trade publishing house to go with them.

In any case, it's clear that I don't really "get" the whole blog thing, in the sense that I'm not interested in making my website a destination for people to argue it out about controversial issues. I delete any such messages from the moderation queue without a qualm.

Hope you're all having as productive a month as I am so far.

No comments: